Monday, June 22, 2015

Young Hearts


This song has definitely under my radar of music I secretly loop to.  To be honest, I haven't been active when it comes to listening and uncovering new music and artists, largely due to the fact that I have lost my old trusted Sony Walkman. I'm currently suffering from music withdrawal symptoms.

Despite the lack of music I listen to now, I still try to find a track every now and then.

I feel that music plays a really important role in capturing moments and serving as checkpoints in the timeline of our lives. The music we listen to reflects an era, a time, no matter the length, of who we were and how we felt. I'm feeling a tad sentimental considering it's the end of the school year and I have decided to reflect how behind and void I feel with the lessening amounts of music in my daily life.


During the past April, I actually had a phase of listening to Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and Jessie J. The genres these artists overtake have, for the most part, been beyond the boundaries of music that I usually listen to. But rap and hip-hop is a must-have in a workout playlist (April was the one and only month I worked out consistently in my life so far).

I would elaborate on my fitness conquests except it only lasted for slightly over a month. So there really isn't much to say- although a lot can be achieved in one month.

I really don't know how to end this post. I hope to get an mp3 player soon and catch up on music. Summer is coming soon and I will have to keep myself occupied- which will be for another post. Anyways, stay tuned for future updates.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comment